Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Weekly Class News!

Good afternoon! Here are some announcements to get you over the hump of the work week!

From Nurse Jenny
The season for flip flops is coming to an end and they are breaking. If your child wears flip flops to school, please make sure they have a back up pair of shoes in their bag. We do not have shoes to give your child. Thanks for your help!

From the JTSD PTA
Mark your calendars with the following dates:
  • September 28th - Movie at the B&B Theater. Doors open at 9:00 and the movie starts at 9:30. Click this link to access our form. Please give payment to Mr. Wilson no later than 9/20.
  • November 9th - Chili Cook-off - More details to be released at a later date. Volunteer opportunities are available on SignUp Genius under the e-mail jtsdvolunteers@gmail.com.
From Mr. B's Desk
It's time to start thinking about signing up for Parent/Teacher Conferences. Due to one of my graduate classes beginning on October 15th, I am going to make Monday, 10/14 and Thursday, 10/17 available for conferences. Please use SignUp Genius to schedule your time with me. I will send you a confirmation e-mail once I get everyone scheduled. If neither of these days will work for you, please e-mail me and we can set up a more convenient time for you. 

Please continue to encourage your children to spend at least 15-20 minutes reading each night. This is a critical piece in making them successful at school and in life. We're surrounded by reading! It will also help them achieve their AR goals that we've set in class. 

That's all I have for now. I will update again if I receive other important announcements!

Have a great night!

Mr. B

No comments:

Post a Comment